ME2: Romance against my will...

Having issues importing your game? Ask any questions here.

ME2: Romance against my will...

Postby Michelle » May 11th, 2012, 5:34 pm

Hello! I hope someone here can help me with this.

When I played through ME1 I made the mistake of taking to Kaidan Alenko, being nice to him. The game, Shepard and Kaidan took this as me flirting with him and being interested in him. I am, but not in that way. So before the final confrontation, in my cabin, I told him that "now was not the time" so he would leave.

I did not want to be intimate with him and the reason being that I want to be with Garrus instead and I dont want to cheat on Kaidan in the process :( I know I COULD but that will only be as a last resort.

As soon as I had woken up from the operation table in ME2 I saved and shut down the game, went to Gibbed Save Editor and removed him as a romance. But then, at the Normandy when I went into my cabin, his face stubbornly showed in the picture frame. I don't want to have to turn it facing down, that'll make me feel like a very bad person!

Can this be changed so he will not show up at all or will I just have to deal with it? I even re-opened the save in the Save Editor too see if I had removed Kaidan as a romance, and [Player] Romancing Kaidan is unchecked.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

Thanks!
Michelle

Re: ME2: Romance against my will...

Postby [Detheroc_93] » January 31st, 2013, 6:54 am

I think you need to uncheck both [Romance] No romance and [Romance] Kaiden romanced. However, I think that you'll need to remove some other things, like the picture in the Normandy Captain's Cabin. Find more info on BSN (try typing "Mass Effect 2 switching romances" etc.).

Hope I helped.
Mass Effect 3 Modified Coalesced.bin v1.2: [DOWNLOAD]
Coalesced.bin Notes: [DOWNLOAD]
[Detheroc_93]

Return to Technical Support