Problems with Gibbed's ME3 Editor

Having issues importing your game? Ask any questions here.

Problems with Gibbed's ME3 Editor

Postby howla » April 8th, 2012, 10:31 pm

So my ME1 and ME2 files and game were erased off my computer after a wipe when the hard drive went bad. I used Gibbed's ME3 editor to create a character as close to the one that I lost as possible, but I'm running into a problem.

********SPOILERS FOR ME3 (TUNCHANKA GENOPHAGE PART) AHEAD**********

So you have to save Maelon's data in ME2 to keep Eve from dying in ME3. I checked that off in Gibb's save editor:

I even checked the Bool variables to make sure that "Save Maelon's Data" 2676 is true and that "Destroy Maelon's Data" 2677 is false.

But I noticed when I played the game that it didn't act as if I had saved Maelon's data and went through the default (no imported save) ME3 game of Maelon's data destroyed. I'm currently at Tuchanka and Eve has died which confirms my suspicions. I have no idea what's going on. I even tried twittering Rick, the maker of the modding program, but he has yet to respond.

It's more than the fact that a character I wanted to save ended up dying, but that I'm afraid that other changes I made with Gibbed's Editor also didn't transfer through. So far most of them have, such as Wrex appearing, romances from ME1/ME2, etc. but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

If anyone can help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!
howla

Re: Problems with Gibbed's ME3 Editor

Postby howla » April 10th, 2012, 2:05 pm

Problem resolved! Rick responded back on twitter with

"It looks like you may need to set 1456 to true, which indicates you played ME2. (Also available from Raw>Plot>Known Variables)"
howla

Return to Technical Support