Character saves not who they say they are.

Having issues importing your game? Ask any questions here.

Character saves not who they say they are.

Postby echoeagle3 » March 12th, 2012, 11:47 am

Ok so I have been able to successfully upload character saves into Mass Effect 3 Thats not the problem. The problem is that when they do upload they give me completely different info then what was listed on the site. Several characters don't even exist and just give a copy of the previous character. And I swear that every single one of the ones I tried is a Spacer/Sole Survivor no matter what the info on the website said. So could it be that I did mess something up? Is there something wrong with my game? Or did the uploaders just post incorrect info?
echoeagle3

Re: Character saves not who they say they are.

Postby Annakie » March 12th, 2012, 5:01 pm

It'd help a lot to know exactly which aren't right. I have a suspicion that people have been uploading random saves to mess with me or "Just to see how it works" because I've caught some of that lately but it wouldn't surprise me if I missed some.

Also, I'd love it if a few people who followed the import guide could check their saves and see if all their Shepards is Spacer/Sole Survivor. If it is, that is laughably terrible because it would mean that ME3 reads the background information from the FOLDER NAME and not in the save. Because if you copied my Annakie folder, my Shepard that I grabbed that info from is a Spacer/Sole Survivor. Maybe it only reads that information from the import from the folder for that original "this is what you're importing" save, but the actual data that's imported is in the save itself? If everyone turns into a spacer/sole survivor in ME3 because of this I'm going to faceplam so hard. Then find someone to figure out what the actual codes people need to change things to are.

So yeah, can y'all check your saves if you used the import walkthrough and renamed the import folder to my Annakie folder and see if everything says you're a spacer/sole survivor? Thanks! :)
Annakie
Site Admin

Postby riverzzxox » March 19th, 2012, 9:04 am

Hi, well it dont have to be wrong uploads, its many of the ones i have downloaded that is accurate when i looked
in save editor BUT for some reason ME 3 overlooks many features like if i opend a char in me2 were ppl are telling
me that its wrong NOT to destroy the collector base and when i have played them in ME3 i suddenly acually DID destroy it
and thats only one of the errors.

solution to help Annekie:

when downloading ME2 char, copy and paste info about character in notepad and
when importing BEFOR u push import compare the info in the right lower box and make notes of what is not right THEN
Post a Link for the page you downloaded from here:http://masseffectsaves.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=915

That way i might be able to help you if possible (if im faster that is ^^) :D :lol: :P
riverzzxox

Postby dabeer » March 24th, 2012, 12:51 pm

I actually just tested this, and yes, Mass Effect 3 reads the folder for the background info. So, if you are putting the "11" and "140210" from the walkthrough at the end of your file extension, your Shepard will always be a Colonist/Sole Survivor. So, it looks like we need to look into the different end extensions for these folders so we can get our savegames to be correct.
dabeer

Postby riverzzxox » March 24th, 2012, 1:24 pm

dabeer wrote:I actually just tested this, and yes, Mass Effect 3 reads the folder for the background info. So, if you are putting the "11" and "140210" from the walkthrough at the end of your file extension, your Shepard will always be a Colonist/Sole Survivor. So, it looks like we need to look into the different end extensions for these folders so we can get our savegames to be correct.

nice1 i didnt thinkabout that, ill go right on it =)
riverzzxox

Postby Annakie » April 7th, 2012, 9:42 am

Ugh, that is TERRIBLE. Okay, I've updated the import walkthrough. Not that that helps the 400k+ people that downloaded saves in the last month and a half buuuut....

Thanks guys. :)
Annakie
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support